Sunday, October 3, 2010

Carhartt Mens Winter Jacket

I thought this was an over-priced jacket when I first saw it but many people I know who work in construction often rant about how good Carhartt is so I decided to give this one a try.

Keep in mind that I live in CO and temperatures can drop to the single digits, also I own many of those "puffy" jackets. The problem with these "puffy" jackets is that they make me sweat, often I'd be outside shoveling snow or walking and my back and my armpits will start sweating in the middle of 30 degree weather. This is where this jacket accomplishes at what it does best, it let's the extra heat out of the jacket so you won't be sweating buckets in the middle of winter. Sounded like a marketing gimmick at first but I soon found out that it actually does work.

When I first opened it I thought "Whoa! this is too thin to keep anyone warm." True the jacket is pretty thin, but it's actually warmer than most jackets I've owned. Just keep in mind that I wouldn't wear this in 30 degree weather or below. One time the temperature dropped to 8 degrees Fahrenheit and the jacket pretty much disappeared, but keep in mind that Carhartt also has warmer jackets for colder weather. However if you own this one, this can be solved by simply wearing a simple sweater underneath and that will keep you warm.

I've been using this jacket for over a year and it's gotten dirt, snow, rain, paint, you name it. It still works like a miracle. I love it. I bought this jacket for the sole purpose of taking it to work but I like it so much I wear it everywhere now, so I'm planning on buying a new one.

carhartt mens winter jacket

No comments:

Post a Comment